Sunday, August 31, 2008

RNC in St. Paul Prep Day Two (Sun. Aug. 31)

SECURITY, SECURITY, SECURITY! Today was the start of the major security check points. It felt as if we got through one checkpoint we only had another one to get through. The Excel Energy Center was all fenced off to people without credentials and it is so hard to find parking near the center.
Many changes to the convention started today as well. Due to hurricane Gustav President Bush and Vice President Cheney will not be speaking at the convention. I am looking forward to seeing how everything plays out this week with two major events happening to the United States (the convention and hurricane Gustav).
I do have to say the best part of this job is seeing famous/important people. Steffani and I started our day at the hotel where CBS is staying and as I was standing in the lobby Katie Couric walked in. I was just so disappointed I did not have my camera with me at the time.


-Nikki

No comments: